Photo: Courtesy of The Wandering Angel
Do you want excellent health? Do you want to be physically fit? In order to live a full, vibrant life you need to be healthy. You don't want to be taking prescription drugs just to stay alive in the hospital when you reach your later years, do you?
Wouldn't you rather be able to play a round of golf, rock climb, go on five to ten hour hikes or chase your grand kids when you are in your 80s and 90s?
If you were not born yesterday then you are well aware that the health of the world, particularly folks eating a typical Standard American Diet, is in a steady decline. We continue to get fatter and fatter. We continue to get sicker and sicker. We live a poor lifestyle and then expect drugs and antibiotics to come to the rescue.
What if you lived a preventative lifestyle? What does this take?
You need to be different. Unique. You need to be brave and face your fears. In order to be healthy, you need to live a different lifestyle compared to the average person. The average person is NOT healthy. Average isn't so grand anymore.
You need to change.
You probably need to change your beliefs. Consider the following truths…
- Saturated fat is heart healthy
- Red meat will not kill you
- Cholesterol is needed for countless bodily functions
- Dietary cholesterol has little to no effect on your cholesterol numbers
- Fat does not make you fat
- Carbs don't make you fat either
- Walking is the perfect cardio exercise
- Bodyweight exercises will get you stronger then 99% of the population
- Most diseases and cancers are preventable through lifestyle intervention
- No one is destined to get fat
We have been lied to. Finding the truth is an incredible challenge. With 7 billion people in this world, someone will always disagree with you. Someone will also always agree with you.
You need courage to change your lifestyle habits. That's if you want to be healthy at least. Try the following…
- Order a burger with no bun
- Substitute fries for a vegetable or side salad
- Ask for olive oil and vinegar for your dressing
- Don't fear beef. Buy grass-fed as much as possible.
- Eat as many eggs as you want. It's nature's perfect food. Pastured eggs from local farms are best.
- Steam or lightly fry your veggies and enjoy with a fair amount of real butter.
- Ditch any and all drinks that contain any amount of sugar. Even if it's one gram. This includes juice.
- Never eat cereal again. Eggs and bacon are tastier and healthier.
- Cook your own food.
- Move more.
And, most importantly, ask questions. Experiment yourself. Go back to the basics. Pay attention to how you feel. Eat whole foods. Bread is not a whole food. Cereal is not a whole food. Ground beef is. Steak is. Eggs are. Fruit is.
Keep things simple and never stop educating yourself.
It will take courage to change. But, if you want to hang out with your grandkids and chase them around the house in your 80's then you are going to have to challenge the status quo. Believing the majority will get you sick.
Take a look around you.
Be brave. Be bold. Be you.